10 Most Terrifying Marketing Stories Of 2017
The 10 most terrifying marketing screw-ups BL and David have covered during 2017.
BL’s 5 Most Terrifying Marketing Stories Of 2017
1) Company Wants Workers to Have Micro-chip Implanted – Some Do It – Episode 196
If this sounds familiar, you must be a fan of Dark Mirror.
- Microchip Implants for Employees? One Company Says Yes
- Black Mirror episode: The Entire History of You
- Some Swedish Workers Are Getting Microchips in Their Hands
2) United Airlines Drags Passenger Off Flight in Perfect Example of How Not to Handle PR – Episode 183
Attorney for the doctor removed from United flight says he lost 2 teeth, suffered a concussion, broken nose; will undergo reconstructive surgery.
And this afternoon, direct from the you can’t make this shit up department, came the headline “Scorpion stings man on United flight.”
- A Man Was Dragged Off A United Plane After The Airline Overbooked The Flight
- How United Became the World’s Most Hated Airline in Just One Day
3) Facebook Live Chicken Murder by Republican Missouri Senator Protesting Abortion – Episode 191
In a video posted to Facebook Live, a Missouri lawmaker cuts off the head of a chicken while announcing he wants to stop abortions in the state.
4)Boycott BrouHaHa over Purpose of a Dog Movie – Episode 171
PETA called for boycott after video emerged showing an obviously terrified German Shepherd being forced into rushing water where it very nearly drowned
5) Evil Martin Shkreli Jailed After Facebook Post About Hillary Clinton’s Hair – Episode 201
Martin Shkreli, one of the most hated men in the world, is in a maximum security prison after his dangerous and stupid Facebook post offering $5000 for anyone who could get some of Hillary Clinton’s hair during her book tour.
David’s 5 Most Terrifying Marketing Stories Of 2017
1) Fake News Is About To Get Freaky – Episode 174
If you thought fake news websites designed to look like mainstream media was bad, you ain’t seen nothing yet.
- Fake News Is About To Get Even Scarier Than You Ever Dreamed
- Face2Face: Real-time Face Capture and Reenactment of RGB Videos
2) Pepsi’s Kendall Jenner Ad – Episode 182
Everyone, it seems, disliked this ad because anyone could read anything into it.
- Kendall Jenner’s Pepsi Ad Pulled After Twitter Backlash
- A Second-By-Second Breakdown Of Kendall Jenner’s Tone-Deaf Pepsi Ad
The Kendall Jenner Pepsi fiasco is a perfect example of what happens when there's no black people in the room when decisions are being made.
— Travon Free (@Travon) April 4, 2017
can't believe Kendall Jenner just solved institutionalized racism and oppression by giving a cop a pepsi. Groundbreaking
— Tiny Baby Hands (@Kelsiekinss) April 4, 2017
Could you be any more blatant with the disrespect and appropriation of a movement, @pepsi? Is this a sick joke?! pic.twitter.com/8NS8ynJUdj
— Taryn Finley (@_TARYNitUP) April 4, 2017
3) HBO’s Game of Thrones Meltdown – Episode 178
The season seven premier reveal of HBO’s Game Of Thrones didn’t exactly go according to plan.
4) America Gets Equifaxed – Episode 201
The most damaging data breach in the history of data breaches couldn’tve been more badly handled.
- What to Do If You Were Affected by the Equifax Hack [Updated]
- Dozens of Senators Seek Probe of Equifax Executives’ Stock Sales
- Equifax Hackers Exploited Months-Old Flaw
5) China’s Big Data Social Engineering System – Episode 169
The Chinese government has gamified obedience to the state with a Sesame Credit, a social network straight out of a dystopian Steam Punk future.
- China’s ‘Social Credit’ System: Turning Big Data Into Mass Surveillance
- China’s plan to organize its society relies on ‘big data’ to rate everyone
- Opinions concerning Accelerating the Construction of Credit Supervision, Warning and Punishment Mechanisms for Persons Subject to Enforcement for Trust-Breaking Published by Chinese govt. CCP Central Committee General Office, State Council General Office
- All Chinese Citizens Now Have a Score Based on How Well We Live and Mine Sucks
[…] cover the 10 Most Terrifying Marketing Stories of 2017 in a separate […]