Beyond Social Media Show, Episode 264
David discusses Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, Apple AirPods 2, Apple Card; audio content marketing; Arizona State University’s science fiction anthology about future solar power; Twitter video subtitles; LinkedIn Lookalike audiences; Google’s AMP for Email; Intel’s Vaunt smart glasses; the unwinnable fight against Russian trolls; the authoritarians’ digital mercenaries; Boston Dynamics’ stacking bot; idiot humans and their fatalgrams;…and much, much more.
Best Digital Cases
What we don’t know is how much it will all cost.
- Apple TV+ subscribers can expect ad-free original shows and movies this fall
- Apple is jumping into streaming video with a huge library of shows and films
- Apple Orders Animated Comedy ‘Central Park’ From ‘Bob’s Burgers’ Creator
- Apple Plans to Stream Children’s Shows From Sesame Workshop
- Apple’s first scripted TV show will star Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston
- Apple’s big jump into original content will start with Steven Spielberg’s Amazing Stories
- Apple orders TV series from Battlestar Galactica creator
- ‘Are You Sleeping’ Drama Starring Octavia Spencer In Works At Apple With Reese Witherspoon & Peter Chernin Producing
- Apple Lands TV Rights To Nathaniel Rich’s ‘Losing Earth’ Climate Change Article For Series Produced By Anonymous Content
- Losing Earth: The Decade We Almost Stopped Climate Change
- Sofia Coppola And Bill Murray To Reteam For ‘On The Rocks’, Apple & A24’s First Film
- Oprah’s New Apple Book Club Deal Is Part Of A Bigger Book Club Boom
Apple announces games and details about its new service.
Apple News+ offers access to more than 300 magazines and newspapers.
The wireless charging case will also be sold separately for $79 for existing customers.
Coming summer 2019.
Podcasts, Digital Assistants, Smart Speakers & The Audio Algorithm.
Novelization Of Marketing
Arizona State University recently released an anthology of science fiction that imagined the future of solar power.
- Arizona State University released a free sci-fi anthology about the future of solar power
- The Weight of Light: A Collection of Solar Futures
Twitter Video Subtitles
The social network will continue to support closed captions, as well.
LinkedIn has added lookalike audiences to its ad offerings after beta testing the tool over the last year.
AMPed Up Emails
Google today officially launched AMP for Email, its effort to turn emails from static documents into dynamic, web page-like experiences.
Intel’s Vaunt Smart Glasses
They look normal and are designed to show simple, basic information in one of your eyes.
Worst Digital Cases
The New Age Of Cyberwarfare
Two TL;MR articles of the dark side of online communication technologies.
- The Trolls Are Winning, Says Russian Troll Hunter
- A New Age of Warfare: How Internet Mercenaries Do Battle for Authoritarian Governments
The robots are an updated version of the company’s “Handle” bot, first unveiled in 2017.
Another story about Darwinism in the Instagram age.
Shiny New Stuff
Paste your article text in, get an approximation of how long it will take to read.
If Then Podcast
April Glaser & Will Oremus discuss the latest in technology developments in this podcast from Slate.
- Hardwired For Story – TEDTalks from Neuroscientist Uri Hasson & storytelling expert Lisa Cron
- The 28 Best Blogs To Learn Marketing – Beyond Social Media Show is number 15!
Add all your email addresses and phone numbers to your LinkedIn profile. It will make you more discoverable.