TikTok's Algorithm & Re:Make
Episode 358 - August 1, 2021
- Coca-Cola's NFTs
- Lo-Fi Video Ads
- Twitter Ape NFTs
- How TikTok's Algorithm Works
- TikToking Classic Commercials
- Logos In Email
- Google My Business Call Data
- Amazon Store Experience
- The Hate Channels
- Kraft Ice Cream
- Dancing Middle Aged Guys
- Influencer Spending
Coca-Cola Sells Its First NFT
Coca-Cola is selling a series of four NFTs—known as non-fungible tokens—that will be sold as a single asset with proceeds benefiting Special Olympics International.
There has been an increasing dominance of video ads with a deliberately unpolished quality.
Twitter Ape NFTs
Lots of people are changing their avatars to cartoons of apes. They’re buying them as NFTs from the Bored Ape Yacht Club.
The Wall Street Journal created dozens of automated accounts that watched hundreds of thousands of videos to reveal how the social network knows you so well.
TikTok is challenging its community to re-make now-famous ads—Skittles’ “Touch,” Snickers’ “Game” and Old Spice’s “The Man Your Man Can Smell Like”—all of which went on to become part of the pop culture canon.
You really shouldn't hit the gym when you're hungry @domitrick @snickersbar #SnickersPartner #BettyWhite #TikTokReMake♬ original sound - Ross Smith
Gmail Adopts Email Authentication & Google My Business Gets Call Data
Google started its planned implementation of Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) into Gmail inboxes.
Amazon Measures Store Experience
Amazon is using a HappyOrNot terminal at its Mall of America store.
Social Media Fails To Combat Hate
Social media companies are receiving failing grades in two new reports, which find they repeatedly fail to remove anti-Semitic content. Facebook and Twitter are the worst.
People, anti-vaxxers and chaos agents are infesting social media. Please think twice before engaging some anti-vax argument from Random Name Many Numbers.— Tom Nichols (@RadioFreeTom) July 30, 2021
Kraft & Van Leeuwen Create Mac and Cheese Ice Cream
Kraft has partnered with ice-cream maker Van Leeuwen to produce a rather interesting ice cream flavor.
Enough With The Dancing Middle-Aged Guys!
Advertising is such a copycat industry.
The email my sister got from a landscaping company job she applied for vs. The one she sent back 💀 pic.twitter.com/W9LSjyXrBP— 𝚍𝚊𝚗 (@dzzzny) July 29, 2021
Shiny New Stuff
- Miro - Intuitive online collaborative whiteboard for distributed cross-functional teams. Over 20 million product managers, project managers, Agile coaches, developers, and other talented team members around the world use Miro to collaborate, brainstorm, and visualize ideas.
B.L.'s Pro Tips
Google has launched SeekToAction - a new way to optimize videos with key moments when they are on your own site rather than on YouTube.
- A new way to enable video key moments in Search
- Google Launches New Way to Optimize Videos For Search
- The Open Notebook - A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides tools and resources to help science, environmental, and health journalists at all experience levels sharpen their skills.
David's Pro Tips
- Use LinkedIn's video cover story feature to promote your initiatives
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Comment