Disaster Girl Cashes In
Episode 348 - May 1, 2021
- Nerf's Chief TikToker
- Disaster Girl Sells NFT
- Clubhouse Influencer Marketplace
- Clubhouse NFL Draft Party
- Spotify Paid Podcasts
- Digital Product Placements
- Vaccination Public Service Tweets
- Flipboard's Sponsored Newsletters
- Punch Pizza's Recruiting Marketing
- Clever Social Marketing
- Facebook Fails
- Slander Incorporated
- Basecamp Ban
- So Much For Apple's Privacy Sanctimony
- Pandemic Pounds
Nerf's Chief TikToker
Sophie Jamison, who has more than 1.8 million followers, beat out over 1,000 other applicants for the $10,000-a-month position of chief TikTok officer at Nerf.
Disaster Girl Cashes In
Zoë Roth, now a college senior in North Carolina, plans to use the proceeds from this month’s NFT auction to pay off student loans and donate to charity.
Clubmarket Monetizes Clubhouse
Looking to beat Clubhouse to the punch on monetization, Clubmarket is a newly launched third-party app that facilitates dealmaking between brands and influencers on the app by allowing Clubhouse hosts to monetize their content via partnerships with brands.
Clubhouse + NFL Draft
It’s the first sports partnership for the audio chat platform.
Spotify Paid Podcast Subscriptions
Spotify launches Paid Subscriptions for Podcasters, who will keep 100% of the money until 2023.
Product Placement 2.0
Product placement is big business for movies and TV series alike, and items can now be added digitally to films and programmes both new and old.
Vaccine Public Service Tweets
Twitter has announced a new push to help maximize COVID-19 vaccine take-up, with a new set of in-feed notifications set to go out to all users from this week.
As COVID-19 vaccinations become more widely available, we want you to have access to the latest vaccine info in your country.— Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) April 26, 2021
This week you’ll see a prompt in your timeline that links to sources about vaccine safety, efficacy, and news from public health experts.
Flipboard Flips To Sponsorships
Flipboard is moving its newsletter portfolio away from being supported by programmatic display ads to sell native newsletter sponsorships.
Clever Recruiting Email
After BuzzFeed News reported on an internal document that examined Facebook’s failings leading up to the Capitol riot, many of Facebook's employees were prevented from accessing it. BuzzFeed published the report so everyone can read it.
The people facilitating slander and the self-proclaimed good guys who help remove it are often one and the same.
No Politics. No Fun.
Basecamp’s CEO, Jason Fried, followed in the footsteps of Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong by banning politics in the workplace.
Shiny New Stuff
- Judging Project Echo business plan competition - B.L. will be a judge
- Launch ECHO - You can watch live on Facebook on Sunday, May 16.
- How To Go Beyond Integrated Digital Marketing - David's blog post
- One year on: Unhealthy weight gains, increased drinking reported by Americans coping with pandemic stress
- 42% of Americans gained weight while stuck at home during the pandemic
- On average, people gained 29 pounds
- Millennials had an average weight gain of 41 pounds
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a Comment