Apple Developer Conference Updates
Episode 313 - June 22, 2020
- Apple Developer Conference Updates
- Google Keen
- Google Image Fact Check
- Facebook Ad Boycott
- Devin Nunes Cow Wins
- YouTube Shoppable Ads
- Pandora Podcast Analytics
- Facebook Harbors Hate
- Creepy Covid Masks
- Mobile Messaging App Stats
Apple WWDC Updates
To the extent that tech pundits continue to compare Google’s new Keen search and social discovery site to Pinterest, and users also think of it that way, it’s probably destined to fail. Google famously doesn’t promote and ultimately shutters most of these “experiments.”
Facebook Ad Boycott
Devin Nunes' Cow Wins
A judge has ruled that Rep. Devin Nunes has no right to sue Twitter over statements made by a fake Internet cow, someone parodying his mother and a Republican strategist.
YouTube Shoppable Ads
YouTube announced a new direct response ad format that will make YouTube video ads more “shoppable” by adding browsable product images underneath the ad to drive traffic directly to brands’ product pages.
Pandora Podcast Analytics
a new set of visually-driven data analytics tools that provide podcast creators with even more insights into their audience on Pandora.
Facebook Harbors Hate
Creepy Medical Masks
A producer in Gandhinagar, India, has created a system that allows you to print the bottom half of your own face on to a mask – so when you wear it, it still looks like you.
Twitter Suspends Trump Meme Maker
Twitter permanently suspended prominent pro-Trump meme-maker Logan Cook, who goes by the internet handle “CarpeDonktum,” on Tuesday afternoon, citing multiple copyright violations.
K-Pop & TikTok Punk Trump
K-Pop fans and TikTok teens snapped up thousands of tickets to Trump's Tulsa rally.
- K-pop fans and TikTok teens say they reserved tickets for Trump’s Tulsa rally to leave seats empty
- TikTok Users, K-Pop Fans Take Credit for Inflating Expectations to Trump Tulsa Rally
- How A 51 Year-Old Grandmother And Thousands Of Teens Used TikTok To Derail A Trump Rally & Maybe Save Lives
- K-pop stans are flooding right-wing hashtags like #BlueLivesMatter and #MAGA