Beyond Social Media Show, Episode 75
B.L. Ochman & David Erickson discussed the role of social media – good and bad – in the national protests about racial inequities, the FTC’s warning to agencies about disclosure of client relationships in social media, a little girl whose spontaneous dance on a NYC subway platform started a party and much more.
The video is time-stamped. Jump directly to any segment by clicking on the corresponding time.
Worst Digital Cases
- Four rabbis arrested while praying at #EricGarner protest in New York City
- Estella Insurance of Miami’s incredibly sexist and totally tasteless ad.
- FTC reminds agencies of social media disclosure rules. No, Agencies Can’t Ask Employees To Casually Tweet Nice Things About Clients
- Facebook forced to debunk re-shares of copyright rumor
Best Digital Cases
- Gangnam Style Broke YouTube
- United Wildlife, Angry Birds & Duke of Cambridge team up to save Panguins (spelling is correct)
- New Dumb Ways to Die Game
- Protesters in Tokyo now standing with US #EricGarner protesters
- Adorable Little Girl starts dance party on NYC subway platform. Video goes viral
Shiny New Stuff
- New, fun, improved CAPTCHA from Google
- New, free, SerpStat Keyword Suggestions Tool
- ProShot Photo App turns your phone into an SLR simulator
- QUARDS: responsive design WordPress PlugIn
- Pinterest 2014 Holiday Gift Guide
The Daily Numbers
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS