Net Neutrality Fallout & Tweetstorms
Beyond Social Media Show, Episode 213
Best Digital Cases
Twitter has formalized a tactic that had long been adopted by political Twitter and other users with the addition of a tweetstorm button.
A Nicer, Friendlier Twitter
Twitter began enforcing new rules today to suspend users affiliated with hate groups “on and off the platform” — a policy that already has led to the disabling of some alt-right accounts.
- Twitter’s new rules could result in a major purge of alt-right accounts
- Enforcing New Rules to Reduce Hateful Conduct and Abusive Behavior
How To Persuade Flat-Earthers
With some psychological insight and a few communications tactics, you just may be able to turn around that family member or colleague who refuses to accept reality.
- Got a boss who denies reality? A behavioral scientist’s guide to tactful truth telling
- Recognizing Cognitive Biases, Episode 205
George Clooney Noise-Cancels His Twins
George Clooney and his wife Amal recently handed out Casamigos Tequila-branded noise cancelling headphones to fellow travelers during an international flight to apologize in advance if their twins started crying.
Tokyo Metro Co. is venturing into agriculture by growing salad greens hydroponically beneath its rail lines.
Apple Beefing Up Podcast Search?
Apple may be looking to bolster its podcast tech. Likely to do with the acquisition, Pop Up Archive closed its Audiosear.ch product in late November.
Gmail’s Unsubscribe Button
Gmail’s new feature works via a new “Inbox Tip” card that appears at the top of your inbox in both the Android app and desktop site.
Facebook Requiring Domain Notification For Page Editing Privileges
In order to be able to edit links to content you post on your Facebook pages, the company is now requiring that you verify your website’s domain with the page.
Most Sharable Facebook Content In 2017
BuzzSumo examines two billion articles and Facebook posts to determine what was the most-shared content on that platform during 2017.
Worst Digital Cases
Net Neutrality Repeal Fallout
It’s the end of the world as we know it, and Aji Pai feels fiiiiiiiiiine.
- Net neutrality is dead. It’s time to fear Mickey Mouse
- AT&T and Verizon just got a free pass from the FCC to divide up the internet
- The States Are Planning To Sue To Protect Net Neutrality
- Tool To Check If Your Identity Was Used To Advocate For The Repeal Of Net Neutrality
- Reddit Thread Encouraging Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson To Join The Suit
- National Hispanic Media Coalition Will Challenge The Repeal
- Aji Pai Trolls Net Neutrality Supporters On Far Right Wing Site
- Companies React To Net Neutrality Repeal
- Today’s net neutrality vote – an unsurprising, unfortunate disappointment
- Comcast & Charter Want Congress To Put Net Neutrality Repeal Into Law
- Can Net Neutrality Be Restored? Democrats Want To Force A Senate Vote To Overturn The FCC’s Decision
- Democrats Could Cash In On Anger Over Net Neutrality
- Members Of Congress Who Sold You Out To The ISPs…And For How Much
- Vice Media Plans For Community-Owned ISPs
- Motherboard And Vice Are Building A Community Internet Network To Protect Net Neutrality
Twitter Traditionalists Don’t Like The Tweetstorm Button
Quartz’ Mike Murphy represents the traditionalists with a series of eight long tweets.
Facebook Makes You Sad
Facebook’s director of research David Ginsberg and research scientist Moira Burke published a post in which they addressed questions about the impact Facebook has on our moods, and revealed some compelling information.
Shiny New Stuff
Discover New Music Genres
Two cool tools to help you find new music and discover new musical genres.
- 8 Ways To Start Or Buy An eCommerce Business In Midlife – BL’s company Funwalkers is featured in this Forbes article
- Tasty Steps Into UGC With “Today” And Campbell Soup – BL wrote this piece for Media Village
- 40 Experts Share Their 2018 Content Marketing Predictions – David is among the experts cited in this Business 2 Community story