Bud Light’s Dilly Dilly Cease & Desist
Beyond Social Media Show, Episode 212
David discusses Spotify opening up to podcasts; Budweiser Light’s crafty cease and desist letter to Modist Brewing; Wine label design and the stories they tell; YouTube Creator Studio’s rebranding and revamping; Google Map’s new wakeup call feature; Google’s expansion of meta descriptions; video technology that literally changes a leopard’s spots and lip syncs Barack Obama…and much, much more.
Best Digital Cases
Spotify Accepts Podcasts
Spotify now accepts podcasts via partners like Libsyn. And we are now available on the platform. Just search Spotify’s mobile app for “Beyond Social Media Show” and follow us there!
- How To Submit Your Podcast To Spotify Via Libsyn
- Discussion of Spotify’s Discover Weekly Algorithm, Episode 207
- Discussion of Spotify’s Acquisition Of Soundtrap, Episode 211
Bud Light’s Crafty Cease & Desist Letter
Bud Light went all out in responding to Modist Brewing’s Dilly Dilly Mosaic Double IPA release with a town crier and a scroll.
- Bud Light Sent a Hilarious Cease-and-Desist Scroll to the Makers of ‘Dilly Dilly’ Ale
- Bud Light’s 6-Second Dilly Dilly Ad & Bloomberg’s Twitter TV, Episode 211
- Netflix Stranger Things Cease & Desist, Episode 202
Wine Label Design
The primary way wines differentiate and brand themselves is through the stories they tell via label design.
YouTube Studio Beta
YouTube is revamping and rebranding it’s Creator Studio.
Google Maps’ Wakup Call
Google Maps now notifies you when your bus stop is approaching.
Google Expands Meta Description Lengths
Google has expanded the length of the meta description text it displays beneath links in search results.
Worst Digital Cases
Changing A Leopard’s Spots
Nvidia’s new video manipulation AI can transform night to day and leopards to kitties.
- Nvidia’s new AI creates disturbingly convincing fake videos
- Fake News Is About To Get A Lot Freakier, Episode 174
Lip Syncing Obama
Trained on President Barack Obama’s weekly addresses, researchers at Washington University have created an algorithm that can create video of the president based on an audio feed.
Shiny New Stuff
Pivot Table Automation In Google Sheets
Google is automating pivot tables via artificial intelligence in Google Sheets.
- Latest Google Sheets release helps automate pivot table creation
- Pivot to the cloud: intelligent features in Google Sheets help businesses uncover insights
- 15 Secrets To Creating The Perfect Meta Descriptions – David is quotes in this article